Keep Comfortable Year-Round with a Zoned HVAC System
You can benefit a lot from a zoning system. With an zoned HVAC system, your air conditioner and heating system activates based on areas in use, which is much more efficient than heating or cooling the whole house with a central heating and air conditioning system.
How Do They Work?
Do you have rooms that seem to always be too hot or too cold? A zoned HVAC system breaks up areas in your home into different heating and cooling zones. This allows you to control the comfort level of each zone independently without affecting the other zones. So, if you don’t use a few rooms in your home, you can adjust the temperature for those rooms and save money on your energy bill. If your home has the following, we highly recommend considering a zoned HVAC system:
- More than one level – Heat rises, so homes with multiple levels will always have uneven temperatures without a zoned AC system.
- Vaulted ceilings – Again, heat rises. As a result, rooms with vaulted ceilings will usually be cooler.
- Rooms with large windows – Heat passes through glass more easily than insulated walls. Any rooms with large windows will require more heat in the winter and more cooling in the summer.
- Wings extending from the main living area – In longer homes, the extended journey that your air takes through the vents and ductwork can leave the center of you home at the desired temperature while the outlier rooms remain warmer or cooler.
By switching to zoning, you can benefit in the following ways:
- Lower monthly energy bills
- A more comfortable indoor environment
- Less wear and tear on your system
Customize Your Comfort with a Zoned HVAC System
If you pair your zoned system with programmable thermostats, you could save up to 30 percent more on heating and cooling costs. When it’s time to upgrade your system or if you are building a new house, you definitely want to opt for the more energy-efficient and customizable route.
We encourage you to schedule an estimate with one of our trained heating and cooling experts so we can accurately assess your individual situation. In general, most homes can benefit from HVAC zone control. Do you have a single switch that turns on all your lights? In the same way, a zoned air conditioning system allows you more flexible control of your home’s comfort.
Acree Plumbing, Air & Electric is committed to your comfort. For many Florida residents, HVAC zone control in their home is a cost-effective method of achieving their maximum comfort level. Give us a call today or schedule an appointment online and see if your home can benefit from a zoned air conditioning system!