Signs You Need Professional Drain Cleaning
If dealt with improperly, drain clogs can lead to bigger issues. Some telltale signs that your drain requires a professional’s attention are:
- Slow drainage
- Standing water in sinks and showers
- Sewage backup in fixtures
- Sewage smells from drains
- Gurgling sounds from drains
How to Avoid Clogged Drains
Annual preventative drain cleaning is one of many ways you can avoid debris buildup in your pipes.
However, the best approach is only to allow wastewater and toilet paper to go down your drains. Avoid allowing the following items into your sink, toilet, and shower drains:
- Cooking oils, fat, and grease
- Pulpy, stringy, or fibrous foods
- Rice or pasta
- Coffee grounds
- Chemical drain cleaners
- Wet wipes
- Paper towels
Drain Cleaning Tools & Process
Our skilled local plumbers use the best tools and industry-grade techniques to completely clear your drains, including:
- Plungers: The simple household plunger can be used on sinks and showers as well as toilets. It can loosen the clog even if it doesn’t clear it completely.
- Drain augers: Also known as a rooter, this professional tool breaks up obstructions using a precise cutter and pulls out clogs.
- Hydro jetting: This instrument will blast through tree root infiltration, mineral buildup, and corrosion with high-pressure water to clear all blockages.
Fixture Drains vs. Main Drains vs. Sewer Pipes
Our trained professionals can help with all drain and sewer issues, no matter what the system is.
- Fixture drains: These are what you think of when you think of drain lines. Clogs in your sink, toilet, bathtub, and shower drains are usually localized to that fixture. We can clear even the toughest drain clog.
- Main drains: Main drain lines connect fixture drains to your sewer main. Clogs in your main drains will affect multiple fixtures. Trust a trained professional for thorough cleaning to prevent further issues.
- Sewer pipes: Your sewer line connects your main drains to the city sewer main. We can clean your underground sewer pipes with a sewer line cleanout.
Call Acree for Same-Day Drain Cleaning in Tampa, Sarasota & St. Petersburg
For over 50 years, Acree Plumbing, Air & Electric has been the top plumber for Tampa Bay and Sarasota homeowners. With over 60,000 happy customers and a glowing 4.7 stars on Google reviews, rest assured you’re trusting a team that provides fast and friendly service.