Since we’re right on the cusp of yet another Tampa summer, it’s more important than ever to make sure that your AC unit is working properly. The last thing we would want to happen is for you and your family to get ready to enjoy a cool home, with the kids on vacation, only to realize the air isn’t working right.
That’s why we want to help ensure that doesn’t happen. When you’re faced with common cooling issues, it helps to know what’s causing them so you’ll have the right tools and knowledge to identify the problem. If it’s fixable at home, you can take care of it no problem. But if it’s more extensive, then the pros at Acree Plumbing, Air & Electric are here to help!
This is one of the more frustrating problems homeowners encounter. It’s not that your AC isn’t working – clearly, because you can feel it quite easily in some places – it’s just that it isn’t as strong everywhere else. So, what’s the deal? It might be a handful of different things.
- Blocked vent registers: If your vents aren’t open, then the air doesn’t have a natural place to escape from. It will start to get backed up, meaning certain areas of your home will get cooler than others.
- Obstructions in ducts: Sort of the same idea. Ducts with blockages in them will naturally have a harder time routing the cool air where it needs to go. When these obstructions stay for too long, you’ll notice the residual lack of even cooling pretty soon.
General Lack of Cooling
Odds are, if you’re experiencing an issue with your AC, then it’s probably going to involve not having the right cooling power that you’re expecting. Here are a couple of possibilities behind that:
- Dirty filter: All homeowners should be diligent about replacing the filters in the AC. If you don’t maintain a strict replacement schedule, the filter will get clogged, meaning it will have a harder time screening out the pollutants that make it harder to have a properly cooled and ventilated home. Be sure to swap yours out on time!
- Suffocated condenser: The big metal box sitting outside your home is integral to maintaining a cool home. Although it’s not pleasant to look at, it needs space to operate, so don’t cover it up or leave a lot of bushes or branches around it.
- Electrical Problem: Sometimes the problem isn’t with the AC itself, but instead with the wiring that powers it. Check to see if all the electrical components are working right, and make sure they’re all connected and powered on. The same goes for the thermostat – double-check to see if it’s working as intended.
Acree Plumbing, Air & Electric: Tampa’s Cooling Experts
Having a properly functioning AC is high on everyone’s list this summer. When yours is on the fritz, don’t waste any time! Give the AC experts at Acree Plumbing, Air & Electric a call at (813) 524-6313 to find out how we can help you get your AC back to the high performance you expect in no time!